Sunday, November 24, 2013

WTF do I do?

Alright, as I mentioned in my previous entries, I got married and divorced a few years ago.In that time I've been very "stand-offish" when it comes to getting emotionally attached to girls. I kinda gave myself a set of standards and have been sticking to them to avoid getting screwed over or hurt again. Yes, ladies I said hurt. Guys do tend to get emotionally attached to you even if it doesn't always seem like it. Anyways. Last month I spent almost my entire birthday week with a girl I've known for awhile. We've always had a good chemistry, but she was dating this other guy for a year or so up until last August. So the break up was pretty fresh still when we started spending more time together. I knew this going in. What I wasn't counting on was how awesome this girl was. I knew she was fun from us being friends but the more time we spent together the more I started to develop these strange emotions that I haven't felt in forever. I've more or less come to face the reality that we are dating. Nothing has been made official. I don't introduce her as my girlfriend nor does she introduce me as her boyfriend. However we do call each other "babe" all the time. We text and snap chat almost all day everyday (aside from the fact our sleep schedules are a bit different). We have way too many inside jokes together. We've started including ourselves in each others plans automatically.She's going out of town this weekend and I can honestly say I will miss her. It kind of pains me to say that. We've talked about the fact that we both obviously have feelings for each other but given how our last relationships have gone we are both kind of nervous to get involved in anything too serious. At the moment we are just enjoying each others company and continuing to have these goofy inside jokes and laugh all the time. I've spent my life telling myself i need to find something i like and hold on to it. So it is hard for me to not want to hang on to this girl because in all honesty I haven't had any desire to hold onto any other ones that I've met in recent years. However understanding that she's just now going through the "screw relationships" phase that i was in for the last two years, I don't want to put any pressure on her to do anything she's not ready to do. Even though I care about this girl and don't want to lose her, I feel like both of us would kind of panic if we got involved in anything serious. So with that being said i don't know what to do. Any advice? anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! This is late, but I do have some advice for you. I think you already know this but you really shouldn't rush into things. As far as I've seen, rushing into relationships in general NEVER ends well. But especially if one or both people just went through a bad relationship. So I would say, from a girls perspective, I would feel so much better if I wasn't being rushed to make any decisions, especially right after I just got my heart broken. I know I would be really wary and careful of any guy. So if I were you, I would just try to show her that you want to help HER in whatever way you can, and you aren't trying to push her to any decisions just yet.

    ReplyDelete