Sunday, November 24, 2013

assigned entry # 5 pink slime

I've seen pictures roaming around the internet about the pink slime. I never knew exactly what it was but now i can totally see the issue. The fact that the FDA approved this for use in schools is honestly quite sickening. The video states that these are the parts of the animal that are used for dog food. Really? Dog food is now okay to feed to our children? or ourselves? I saw a picture of the McDonald's version of the pink slime they use to make their chicken nuggets. It literally just looked like pink toothpaste being squeezed out of a tube in that obscure shape of a chicken nugget. It was gut wrenching. I used to love those chicken nuggets. I used to eat at places like McDonald's all the time. As I got older the food started taking more of toll on me. When i was in high school i could eat 2 big macs and large friend and still have room for some chicken nuggets. If i tried that now i would probably fall into a coma for a month.I understand that it's part of getting older but the change in food regulations has to play part in this too. Had I seen the pink slime making my chicken nuggets i probably would have boycotted those places a long time ago.

5 comments:

  1. Its really disgusting that that stuff is allowed in schools. Kids don't know better than to eat that or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it is terrible. I do not agree that it is even legal to produce such horrific substances and allow young kids to eat it and have the possibility of getting really sick and the chance of even dying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man! yeah the pink slime is some pretty nasty stuff that is all the left overs from a cow that gets washed with ammonia and things of that nature! After it is washed and disinfected its ground up and put into ground beef as a filler! Yuck! its some pretty gross stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a good start here but are only scratching the surface with these entries. Further analysis, some visual support and a stronger connection to your reader to fully engage your audience would take this to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As of 12/2, there is no post for SG#5.

    ReplyDelete